Oven-baked leftover roast chicken, bacon and pea risotto
This recipe incorporates left over roast chicken from our classic roast chicken recipe. If you have left overs from a whole roast chook, its always great to be able to use what you have to create another meal.
Takes 25 Minutes
Serves 2 People
Ingredients100g bacon, diced into lardons
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup risotto rice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
200g leftover roast chicken, shredded
2 cups of water (include leftover gravy in this amount)
1 stock cube
1 cup peas
60g parmesan, finely grated
½ lemon squeezed
salt and pepper
2 cups fresh rocket salad
- Preheat oven to 200c. In a large frying pan, medium-high heat, melt 2/3rds of the butter, once melted add bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes until slightly crispy. Add onion and fry for a further 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add rice, vinegar, chicken and stir to ensure all rice is coated for a minute.
- Add water/gravy, stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Tip risotto mix into an oven proof dish. Cover with foil or lid if it houses one. Place in oven for 20 minutes until al-dente.
- Once cooked, stir through peas, parmesan, remaining butter, lemon and season with good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh rocket salad drizzled in balsamic